If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The inclusion of a link on the Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or by our affiliates.
2 How do we use Personal Information and how is it collected?
We collect different categories of personal information. The categories we collect may include: Contact and profile information; Preferences and interests' information; User Generated Content (UGC); Location information; Information provided by social networks and by third parties.
This personal information is collected from you in many ways, a few examples include:
• When You Submit Personal Information To Us.
We collect personal information about you when you actively provide them to us, for example when you register to create an account, or post comments, photos and videos, or record your voice in the context of your participation to a promotion, or chat with users.
• When You Use Our Sites.
We (and third-party partners on our behalf) collect some personal information about you automatically as you use our Sites.
• When You are Offline:
We collect your Personal Data also when you are interacting with us in ways other than through the use of our Sites, for example when you participate to Coca-Cola events or when you contact us through our partners’ Sites;
We may link or combine information that we collect about you from various sources to help ensure a consistent user experience regardless of how you interact with us – online, on mobile, or on social media.
3 How do we share information?
We share information in a variety of circumstances for the functioning of our Sites, to respond to your requests, to improve your experience, and to otherwise conduct our business.
For example, we may share information:
• With third parties to fulfil your request, such as when you choose to share your activities with your friends and contacts.
4 What rights do you have?
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge.
At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
5 What about Cookies?
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features to make your navigation experience unique and targeted. Most browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to:
(i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it;
(ii) disable existing cookies; or
(iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Sites, as some features on our Sites may not work properly.
Cookies are tiny text files which identify your computer to our server as a unique user when you visit certain pages on the Site and they are stored by your Internet browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies can be used to recognize your Internet Protocol address, saving you time while you are on, or want to enter, the Site.
Your browser can be set to not accept cookies, but this would restrict your use of the Site.
6 Accuracy of Personal Information provided
You declare and guarantee that you are the owner or have the necessary rights on the content that you transmit and disclose to us; that at the date of its transmission
(i) the content is exact and true,
(ii) the use of the content does not contravene any of our policies, laws and regulations and will not be damaging to any third party (i.e. that the content is not defamatory).
7 How secure is my information?
The security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and that we share with our Sites providers.
The personal data are encrypted at rest using asymmetric and symmetric encryption, and they are encrypted in transit using a security technology called Secure Sockets Layer, abbreviated as SSL.
The SSL technology encrypts the information before it is exchanged via the Internet between the user's device and the central systems of the Company, making them incomprehensible to the unauthorized and thus guaranteeing the confidentiality of the information transmitted.
The use of SSL also requires a compatible browser capable of performing the "exchange" of a security key with a minimum length of 128 bits, necessary to establish the aforementioned secure connection with the central co-owner systems.
However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%.
If any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
8 What about links to other websites, applications, platforms and alike?
When using the Sites, you can come across links to other websites, applications and platforms that are not provided by us but by other companies.
You should read the policies and rules that such companies have posted on their websites, applications and platforms to understand how they protect your privacy.
9 Applicable law
This Policy is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Kenya.
You are responsible for ensuring that you keep abreast with the changes to this Policy.
- Unless otherwise stated relevant to specific data on any channel related to Promoflo Network, the rights to all service data collected during the operation of the service related to Promoflo Network becomes the property of the owner of the service as set out in these terms.
- Any personal information submissions by you to, or through the service will exclusively be stored and used by the owner and managers of the service to deliver the service to you in an efficient manner as set out in these terms.
- Any profile information submissions by you to, or through the service will be stored and used by the owner and managers to tailor the existing and future service and content delivered or to be delivered through the service to you more relevantly, effectively and efficiently as set out in these terms.
- When you opt-in, or join a Promoflo Network community service on any of the Promoflo Network channels, you grant Promoflo your explicit permission to share your personal profile information and other relevant service data with the client for whom the community service is presented on Promoflo. It is your responsibility to review such a Promoflo Network client's specific terms and conditions of service including any additional privacy policies, copyright policies and the like. You hereby agree to indemnify the owner and managers and to hold us harmless from any loss, or damage you may incur as a result of your membership, or opt-in status to a client's community service on, or through the Promoflo Network service.
- Certain public information may be obtained, stored and used by the owner and managers of the service based on your interactions on channels related to the service through various devices, browsers, connections and carriers that forms part of enabling delivery of the service. Public information may also be augmented by additional 3rd party public information obtained by the owner and managers in an effort to further improve effective delivery of content and the general service to you.
- The owner and manager retains the right to at its sole discretion, manipulate and translate any and all service data into a statistical information format for the purposes of publishing reports that can be made public to clients and other 3rd parties on a commercial, or non-commercial basis without any liability to you, provided no personal information directly identifying you as a user of the service is included.
- When you choose to contribute content to, or through the service, you do so entirely at your own risk and you grant the owner and managers of the service an unlimited license to use, modify, store, publish, share, distribute such content for commercial or non-commercial purposes with no liabilities, or obligation to the owners and managers of the service to remunerate you in any shape or form.
- Reasonable efforts will be made by the owner and managers of the service to protect all service data obtained, stored and used, however in the event that the security of any service data may have been compromised you undertake to indemnify and hold harmless the owner, managers and all members, officers, servants, agents and duly authorised representatives of the owner of the service against all liabilities (including damages whether direct, indirect or consequential, expenses, costs and legal fees on an attorney and own client scale) actions, proceedings, claims and demands on all alleged claims and demands howsoever arising.